Editing Process


The first step that I took in order to edit my film was to create a sequence containing the relevant part of my shots. I marked in and out points on every clip to pick out the scene which created most accurate meaning. As soon as I shot a clip, I would quickly add it to the sequence which created a rough structure of the film. I later edited every single clip to sort out the sequence.

Screenshot (15).png



After working on the sequence of my film, I worked on the main title slide which i added at the beginning. I watched tutorials to understand how to add title slides appropriately and learned about the selection of the accurate font. Premiere pro is a technical software which requires an in depth understanding of tools in order to execute the project. In this connection, YouTube tutorials helped me to understand the tools and their respective use.


I decided to keep my title short so that the audience can easily read the text while the slide lasts. In a moving image, viewers generally rush through the text so that they don’t miss it and while they are reading through it, they often skip words so that they can complete reading the text in full. To avoid this, I decided to keep the text short and precise so that the audience can easily read and understand the title.




The next step in the editing process was to work on the sound. A added a combination of diegetic, non diegetic and voice over in my short film as it helped me make my short film more alive and real. I used three audio tracks in Adobe Premiere Pro because it simplified the management of tracks and allowed me to synchronize all sounds together.

Screenshot (13)


The source panel enabled me to work on waveform of every sound and helped me in the selection of the relevant part of the sound.

Screenshot (27)


I used three audio tracks to add sound to my film. The first track contains the voice over. The second track contains the diegetic sounds that i have added to the film to achieve verisimilitude. Finally, the third track contains the background music that runs throughout the film.

Screenshot (44).png



To develop the feeling of a flashback, I decided to add a blur effect in between two of the clips. The first effect was added to blur in. The second effect on the second clip was used to blur out. To begin with, I watched a YouTube tutorial to learn how to use key frames in order to add the required effect. Key frames enabled me to adjust the blur on both the clips.

Screenshot (40)


I applied to my project what I learned from this tutorial and it helped me achieve my desired effect.

Screenshot (41)Screenshot (45)



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s